LF: RE: GPS Coherant PSK Transmission

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: GPS Coherant PSK Transmission
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:58:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Oh yes, forgot to say it was 30 bits long this time :-(  Transmitted from
1800z through to 0745z

The sequence I sent was  010100010110101001010101011101
Which is not what you received, but :

Inverting this sequence gives :
   101011101001010110101010100010.
Then slipping it by 14 bits (denoted here by the decimal point) and with
spaces added every 5 for clarity as you do :

01101 01010 10001 0.1010 11101 00101
Which is spot on !

Considering I "Forgot" to mention the longer sequence, you presumably
synchronised to a (now non valid) 7.5 minute interval, getting the wrong
phase and sequence starting point.

An absolute classic demonstration of the necessity for precise timing and
coding information needed for fully coherent transmission !

How did you copy this - spectrum spread at transitions, or by absolute phase
indication ?

Andy  G4JNT