Re: LF: 136 Xband

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 Xband
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:54:17 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

john currie wrote:

HI I think I have had 4 xband QSOs.  With:
    G0MRF , OK1FIG,  G3LDO,  and G3KEV.  I'm going on memory so if i
forget one please remind  me 73 de John VE1ZJ

Thanks John for the information, not too many with a QSO xband to VE and
I think only myself to date to the USA. Surprised so few are attempting
a QSO across the Atlantic, it is certainly more
exciting having a real time qso than a beacon report. I hope you are
getting on with your 136 TX, looking forward to a two way with you soon
hi. I would like the USA boys to start up also on 136 TX then we could
have some real excitement.
I am already set up to RX QRS, DFCW, and normal CW at the appropriate
speeds.
I use the same antenna for both TX/RX this end, just waiting for the
signals from North America.
The antenna I have been using for the recent Transatlantic QSO'S
consists of 4 inverted L's supported by a lattice tower at 105 ft high.
Each L is 105 ft vertical and each one has a horizontal top section of
300 ft. The 4 vertical bottom ends converge to a common feed point 4 ft
above ground, connected to about 400 micro henry loading coil and has a
small series coil to ground used
for resonating and fine tuning to get a 1:1 SWR.
Ground Radials consist of several 300 ft insulated wires, some
connected  at the far end to sheep fencing. All the wire for antennas
and radials is 2.5 mm insulated. The 4 inv L's are spaced at
90 degrees from each other around the tower.
73 de Mal/G3KEV