Re: LF: Re: Hello again

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Hello again
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:21:55 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

g3ldo wrote:

Been away in on a vacation to EA and came back to a pile of over 300 e-mails
and only just getting to the top of the heap.
A lot has happened
First of all G3KEV on T/A using QRSS - never thought I would see the day.

Solid fast QRS qso with VE1ZJ at 2 sec dot, almost there on normal CW.
The xband QSO only took a few minutes 136/7025 khz solid copy both ways.
I understand previous QSO'S took hours and days to complete.

This mode, pioneered by G4JNT and G3PLX, had a detractor on both sides of
the Atlantic yet used with success in T/A. You would have expected some
'word eating', but not a bit of it.

Then there is that well established Italian S/W producer who has come up
with yet another winner for the benefit of the LF community. I downloaded
Jason onto a laptop and the main computer and had them talking to each other
within half an hour - well done and thanks Alberto.

Some big antenna installations around

There have always been BIG antennas around in Amateur circles, I could mention
20 Amateurs using Big installations that would rival any commercial station.

> Mal G3KEV has a competitor for the biggest 136 sig in the UK. I heard
> MM0ALM wkg DJ9IE yesterday and he was 8 dB stronger than 'KEV here
although
> almost twice as far away.  Said he'd just had a steeplejack in to mend his
> antenna - apparently money well spent.

I hadn't realised that in my absence the RA had rescinded the maximum of 1w
erp requirement.

Ever since some Amateurs started using the DECCA JEEP (5501) transmitters at 1.2
- 1.5 kw rf output the 1W erp limit seemed not to apply. I believe everyone
south of Watford uses one.

Must look through the rest of my e-mails.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>