LF: RE: Radiated power

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Radiated power
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:59:33 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
20 LOG (V1/V2)= 20dB down
About 10 Watts - but still a lot.

We all fall into that dB trap from time to time I bet !!!!!!!

Andy

An interesting number:

If Jim's measurement of MM0ALM's field strength is right, at 50 uV/m, and assuming the distance between them is 600 kms mainly over a standard medium-conductivity land path then :

According to the CCIR standard propagation curves (Vol 5, "Propagation in non-ionised media", Recommendation 368-4) a radiated power of 1 kW at 136 kHz from a short vertically-polarised monopole would produce a field strength at Jim's distance of 500 uV/m.

Jim measured 50 uV/m so MM0ALM's radiated power must be 10 dB below 1 kW - 100 watts. Jim's measurements I have found to be pretty accurate in the past but if anyone else can make accurate field strength measurements perhaps they would do so next time MM0ALM comes on.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.