LF: Re: 73 kHz 7/8 December

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73 kHz 7/8 December
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 08:24:45 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Last night's 73 kHz results were the best in two weeks. G3AQC was visible
starting at 2300, and while there was a lot of fading, Laurie's signal was
present most of the time until my computer crashed around 0500. Don't know
what happened after that, since I was as dead to the world as the computer!
A couple of Laurie's IDs were complete. Most of the rest of the reception
was a few letters at a time.

M0BMU's signal was also present most of the evening, but definitely weaker
than Laurie's. I got a few characters from Jim, but not much else that was
readable. I switched from the 90 sec to 120 sec Argo screen around 0130, but
the fading prevented any long-term copy.

For these conditions, Laurie's DFCW does have an edge with its shorter ID
time.

I'm unavailable tonight, but perhaps W4DEX or some of the others may be able
to listen.

John Andrews, W1TAG