Re: LF: Weekend activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Weekend activity
From: "john currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:19:12 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Jim I am planning my transmitting station .  Could you send me details of
your
ant?
   Is it end Fed/ Is it a vertical? What is ground system
       I could set up a long sloping wire 4 meters high at fed end 13 mtr high
at far end es 80 meters long.  How does that sound?
    I have license but no tx es no antenna hi
73 de John VE1ZJ

James Moritz wrote:

Dear LF Group,

Was very pleased on arriving at work this morning to see that W1TAG and
W4DEX had been able to copy my 73k beacon on Saturday night - and also a
bit relieved, since my temporary mast threatens to collapse entirely at any
moment! Thanks for all the reports over the weekend and the hours people
have put in looking for signals; for the record, the set-up here was:

TX - Homebrew 1kW, modelled on "Decca" PA module
Antenna - inv V, 40m overall length, 10m high at ends, 13m high in middle
Antenna current 3.2A, estimated ERP 110mW
Mode - QRSS120, 2:1 dash/dot ratio
Location - nr Hatfield, 25km north of London, IO91VR

I also had a few CW QSOs on Saturday - OM2TW and DL1SAN were new ones for me.

I stared long and hard at the spectrogram display, trying to see ZL6QH; at
one point on Saturday afternoon I thought I could see a possible signal at
the nominal dash frequency +0.05Hz, but when I looked again later I decided
it was just wishful thinking on my part.

So as others have said, it has been a pretty good end to the year on LF,
although on the negative side, the QRM level at my QTH is noticeably worse
than at this time last year. Still, I am looking forward to the arrival of
Father Christmas, and all I need now is a 50ft long stocking for my
presents (well, there's always hope!).

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU