LF: Re: Re^n: long haul QSO's .. >> programming

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re^n: long haul QSO's .. >> programming
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 06:43:46 +1100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Wolf and Alberto,

Thanks for the info on port driving under Win9x.

If you only need TWO output lines at the COM port (RTS and DTR), there is a
way to control these lines via the Windoze API. One could use one line as
clock, >the other as a data line to drive a simple shift register. The shift
clock can be the leading clock edge, and the output strobe can be the
falling edge with a logic "1" >on the data line (thinking of I2C-bus).

I thought there was.   I will try and dig it out as it would be a way of
driving up to 4 tone control lines for those not into soundcard interfacing.

Steve