Re: LF: Deutschlandfunk splatter is back

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Deutschlandfunk splatter is back
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:20:18 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
[email protected] schrieb:
Hi group,

it seems that the old problem of spurious emissions on 153 kHz from Donebach has returned this morning. At the moment, the annoying wideband-FM swish and hiss is about 21 dBuV/m, 136km from the TX (25 mW EMRP). It is distributed over a few kHz, depending on the modulation content, and identified best in SSB mode. On average, my noise level is raised by 10 ... 15 dB.

These emission had suddenly increased on June 10th 2001 and were especially strong on warm summer afternoons. After a couple of phone conversations with an engineer at the TX site, it became clear that the Dynamic-AM modulation controller of one of their two 250kW transmitters showed a temperature-dependent fault. The problem could be solved on August 16th, when the spurii were reduced to an insignificant level. Until today :-(.

Again, I would appreciate observations of others in south-west and south Germany. For comparison, I can send a short .wav file directly to anyone interested.

Regards de Markus, DF6NM (JN59NK)

Hallo Markus,
hier in jo43sv (nördlich von Hamburg) ist mir der Deutschlandfunk heute erstmalig ab etwa 1800MEZ mit Splatter (Blecheimermodulation) so richtig unangenehm aufgefallen auf 137kHz. Das selbstgebaute Vorfilter (nach einem Entwurf von DJ2EY gefertigt)ist eingeschaltet. Empfang unter- oder oberhalb des
137kHz-Bandes bei eingeschaltetem Filter gleich null.
Hast Du schon mit dem Betriebsing in Donebach gesprochen? lass es mich bitte wissen. vy 73
Uwe/dj8wx