LF: 7FSK Tests, problem

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 7FSK Tests, problem
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:30:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
PROBLEM !

I have a problem with the high power Tx which means the test message sent with
this mode has to be restarted every so often.     The DDS module integral to
my Tx locks up sometimes  when it is being sent a frequency update.  Since
this never happened during the low power tests yesterday and the day before,
it may be an EMC problem.

For now I'll just restart the transmission every time I see it has stopped, bu
tanyone trying to decode may get some funny results.   As before, I'll
maintain the letters starting on an even minute.

Interestingly,  SMT Hell transmissions last year never gave a problem and the
driver routines are the same as that so I'm not sure what has changed.   I
took the Tx to Windsor for the talk at the LF Forum, and removed the covers so
it is possible that disturbed some screening or wires.  A job for tomorrow.

Andy  G4JNT