LF: Musing on Christmas presents I might have received

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Musing on Christmas presents I might have received
From: "Martin" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 13:45:36 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Musing on Christmas presents I might have received. Staring at the new shirts and socks, eaten the chocolate chess board etc and now settled down to Xmas Radcom flicking through the adverts of things I really would like knowing that what you really want you have to buy yourself!!

At present the front end of my receiver foe LF is a Datong into an IC 740. At 28 megs the selectivity on the RX is akin to a good CB set and has not been at all pleasing.  Therefore If I went out and purchased a new or nearly new transceiver or pure RX that could go down to the low frequencies and have on board DSP what might I choose?

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on commercial kit for RX 136, and in general what others are using to RX before feeding the output into a computer.

Merry Christmas

Martin M0MGM