LF: Clutter

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Clutter
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:39:17 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I tried some 60 sec dot qrs last night for a short time around 2330 -
0110 utc and I dont suppose anyone across in W or VE saw it because of
the clutter around the 135922 khz freq area. There are 3 different modes
at present FSK , 7FSK and normal QRS all being used on adjacent close
frequencies and it must be difficult and at the receiving end to watch
these different modes because of the different settings required using
ARGO or other s/ware for each one.
It might be better for us to spread out on the band and allocate with
agreement a sub band for each mode, otherwise we will end up with a mess
of all modes intermixed at the RX end, also for two way QSO'S eventually
we need some procedures established for this very narrow band on 136
khz.
The old system worked very well when everyone was on QRS side by side
and several could be seen at the RX end simultaneously, but with 7 fsk
in particular spread about it is now difficult.
I cannot see any advantage using 7fsk over the qrs mode, only
disadvantage with 7 frequencies plus spaces taking up about 14 times
more bandwidth.
Maybe others would like to express an opinion.
73 and Happy New Year to all de Mal/G3KEV