LF: speed/qso

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: speed/qso
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:57:19 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All
This past 3 days I worked VE1ZJ xband a number of times with my signal
on 135.922 khz and John on 7025 khz. I used different qrs speeds, 60
sec/3sec/2sec and 1sec dots.
In spite of the slow qrs speed the duration of each qso was reasonably
quick.
QSO using 60 sec dots - took 60 mins approx to complete including
callsign and RO acks.
                  3  sec dots -           3 mins
                  2  sec dots-            2 mins
                  1  sec dots-             Althought John copied some
of the callsign the limitations of ARGO at this speed, hand sent speed,
did not permit a proper xband QSO. The dots and dashes were connected up
and virtually unreadable, Johns comment. .
These are probably the fastest transatlantic QSO times between the UK
and Canada to date.
Thanks to John for all the QSO'S and to all the other amateurs both in
Europe and the USA and Canada for the screen shots and signal reports of
my signals on 136 khz.
Perhaps I should have stayed up late a couple of years ago and tried but
I suppose its better late than never!!!!!!!
Looking forward to a normal speed cw qso in the future across the
Atlantic, it might be sooner than you think.
73 and tnx again to all de Mal/G3KEV