Re: LF: Re: Electronic water softeners

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Electronic water softeners
From: "Rob Gill" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:03:17 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
John, Tracy et al,

The advantage of being able to measure your own water hardness is that you can then determine if the electronic softener actually does anything more than flash some LED's on its front panel!

I bought one a few years ago and, as far as I could tell without damaging it, it appeared to contain nothing more than a bit of LED flashing electronics. I carefully reassembled it and took it back for a refund.

I do have fairly hard water and would like to believe that one of these electronic gizmos would do the trick, but I remain to be convinced.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Rob