LF: Re: G8RW - information

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G8RW - information
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:54:23 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear OM,

Dave, G3YMC, wrote:

Just to say that I have heard from Steve GW4ALG that Bob G8RW has now
given up
operation on 136 following the appearance of the MB7LF 'repeater' and
associated
events.  This is yet one more loss to the band.

Indeed a pity. I had some technical correspondence with Bob when he was
starting on LF.

But I really don't understand the fuss about MB7LF. I see it as just another
tool that is available to the LF amateur. It does not occupy any bandwidth
on LF.
And if you don't like it, don't use it.

As a positive effect I see that 2m listeners who happen to listen to  MB7LF
may get interested in LF and join our ranks.

73, Dick, PA0SE