LF: Propagation correction

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Propagation correction
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:49:02 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, thanks to John for pointing it out, but I got my timing a bit off in
the last report.  The leading edge from the CME associated with Sunday's
X-Class flare duly arrived early on the 6th but was preceded at 1800z on
Monday 5th by a storm (Kp=5) from another event that didnt make the
headlines. This was a little exceptional as it only took 48 hours to get
here where as the normal travel time for a CME is 56 to 72 hours. The result
was that the Kp index hit 8  on Tuesday and was over 5 for most of the day.
So expect this to affect LF propagation as early as
Saturday, and the effects may be fairly long lived.

It looks like conditions will stay interesting for a little while.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]