Re: LF: Re: Ringing Voltage on Telephone , boo-boo

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Ringing Voltage on Telephone , boo-boo
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:17:41 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Here in ZL the line voltage (nominally 50) is reversed behind the low freq
ringing as well- lotsa PBXs use the line reversal these days and not the
actual low freq ringing signal- makes for faster call answering. So in total
one has a total transverse voltage of 50 plus peak ringing to contend with-
in our case nominally 80 vac ringing gives a total of just over 160 volts.
Since the A leg is basically at or near dc ground potential thats as bad as
it gets-within a few volts- using locally ground referenced test gear.
73
Dave Brown, ZL3FJ
Christchurch
New Zealand