LF: RF AMPS

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RF AMPS
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:00:04 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Some LF operators are indicating that they are getting large RF amperage
into their loading coil/antennas systems for very low power output to
the antenna ie a few 100 watts.
I am trying to figure out what procedure they are using to measure the
rf amps and where all the rf is going because the signals heard on LF
are low to average around the UK and in EU.
I am running a few hundred watts also and get nothing like the rf
amperage that others are claiming.
My system is designed for 50 ohms throughout and matched accordingly at
the base of the antenna via a coil with max of 400 microH. Others must
have exceptional antenna and ground efficiency.
Maybe most are heating up the ground around the antenna, and the loading
coil ,whereas my couple of amps are being radiated by the antenna.
Maybe someone knows the answer.
G3KEV