LF: RE RF AMPS

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE RF AMPS
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:21:16 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
   Hello Jim and others
Ref your long message and detail. I am struggling to get one amp to the
antenna but I am measuring at the tx 50 ohm output. Why is my signal the
strongest from the UK bar MM0ALM in Scotland.
I am using very modest power compared to the big Decca Jeeps around
especially in the South of England. Perhaps if I measured at the top of
the 400 microH loading coil it could be 20 amps.
That is why I asked where in the system others were measuring the RF
amperage.
I agree there is nothing magical about 50 ohms except one has a standard
for measurements, swr etc. I have always designed and tested at 50 ohms
and NEVER to date blown a MOSFET !!!!!!
Like you say some tuning for max SMOKE with no swr indication have
literally seen SMOKE!!
Again the big Amperage boys are not putting out the biggest signals, can
you explain this?
G3KEV