LF: Re: 73 tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73 tests
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:07:36 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From G3JKV

G3AQC  72 401.3   1 Hz shift  -9.3 dB
G3LDO  72  399.45                -10.0 dB

Only 0.7 dB difference here so if one is seen the other should be as well.

Many thanks to those who sent signal level and frequency reports and
pictures.

Got the 73kHz transmitter fired up at around 2130UTC after the loading coil
problems had been fixed. The main limitation to beaconing is the power
supply. My PSU comprises a 70V home made unit, which gives a maximum of
10amps. This supply is stiffened with a bank of UPS computer batteries. This
works fine for limited sessions on full power or long sessions at reduced
power. It was fine for the T/A 136kHz QSO that only lasted 55mins. For this
reason I shut the transmitter down at 0100 last night.

I will have to get into propagation studies!

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>