Re: LF: Re: Big/small antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Big/small antennas
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 05:23:46 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik, ON7YD wrote:

Belgium : 2kW output (lifted in 04-2001)
Holland : 400W output
Finland : 100W output
Germany : 20W output (lifted ?)

... just let me explain the German situation: there were 5 special permits
for 1 W ERP issued after Walter, DJ2LF and Markus, DF6NM had contacted the
authorities last year. In the meantime, after no problems have been
reported with those five stations, any German amateur may apply for that 1
W ERP special license, provided he (or she) gives a reasonable explanation
on what tests he (or she) wants to perform, and he (or she) observes the
rules in regards to safety of persons in electromagnetic fields.
Bets 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

... finding it exciting to try to reach as much as possible with about
200mW ERP on LF ... I still have my 5-element beam in my garden, but guess
what I love: to operate on HF with my FT-817 and a three foot antenna,
operating pedestrian mobile with a few mW ERP ... quite similar to our
situation on LF ...