LF: Re: G6RO QRP transmissions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G6RO QRP transmissions
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:46:25 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC
I heard Ron G6RO calling CQ several times last week identifying as using
qrp - he was
549, perfect copy, against the 579 I normally copy him.  Fortunately my
local qrm was
off at the time.
I did not realise until I mentioned this to Steve GW4ALG today that Ron is
in fact
using Steve's 5W qrp rig.  At 283km this is an excellent distance for qrp.
Please
pass this information to Ron if you speak to him before me.
There is much that can be done on the band by us low power operators!!

I heard Ron on Sunday morning, but only at 319, signing G6RO/QRP.

Mike, G3XDV
IO91VT (Welwyn Garden City)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net