LF: re power supply

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re power supply
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:57:57 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Peter, I would echo Bob's comments. They can be clean but you want to
finish up looking for very very weak stations on LF, so any suspicion of
noise is a no-no. It really all depends what the switching frequency is. At
LF it is possible that it wont be in band on either band but may give you
troubles higher up. Remember there is no real EMC spec below 1MHz, and most
amateur equipment makers do not acknowledge any operation below 1800kHz.!!
Despite their 'general coverage RX' , which is probably only meant for
listening to the local news on MW.

If the power supply is for LF use you will need to build one as no-one down
here much runs from 12 volts.

There is no disgrace in being an SWL as that is were you sort out a lot of
the important problems, like can I hear things, even more important can I
hear what other G's are working.

I look forward to hearing your signals
from another Long Wave listener, Alan G3NYK
[email protected]