LF: Re: Random letters on 137 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Random letters on 137 kHz
From: "John Sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dave,
By chance, I came across a very unsteady slow morse signal on about 137 kHz
around 17.50 UT apparently sending random letters. The frequency was varying so
much on Argo, that I wasn't sure whether this was genuine CW. Didn't see a call
sign, but perhaps didn't watch long enough.
My first thought was that it might be an illegal use of the band to send coded
messages. It might be better to send a repeating clear text message especially
in the present climate.
73, John, G4CNN