LF: RE: Visible Aurora

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Visible Aurora
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:52:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Was alerted to this at 2150a by G0API and drove out to a darker area of
countryside to look.    Impressives slowly moving dark red patches in the
northern sky that obliterated part of the Great Bear constellation.   The
aurora disappeared quite quickly after 2220a although I stayed around for
another 30 mins waiting to see if it would return.
An aurora was visible on the South Coast once  during the 1989 sunspot peak,
so that's probably it for this cycle !

Andy  G4JNT