Re: LF: ZL6QH & access to 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZL6QH & access to 136
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:37:48 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob:

We have yet to select a test frequency in the 136 kHz band for ZL6QH.  It
can be freely selected to within about 0.1 Hz and it will be stabilised to
better than +/- 0.1 Hz.  We could be ready to try an "all night squirt" on
1
and/or 15 December.

OK, might I suggest that you consider 135.9220 or even my 137.7894 for the
session.  I will shut down for the test period.  I have many hours of
listening on both these QRG's and have them thorougly documented so I can
easily tell if anything is "new".  I now have the ability to detect a flea'
looking very hard for a flea to climb onto hi.

We will nominate liaison frequencies in the 20 and 40 metre bands.  More
info nearer to the time.

My HF CW station is co-located with the LF station so I can meet you on CW
easily.  I don't operate SSB anymore.

I have what amounts to a whole new receiving system here, and I can process
and display about 5 to 7 minutes behind real time.

December 1st is better for me than December 15th.  We will be stuck on the
mainland almost for sure on December 1st and an evening up at the remote
site will be welcome diversion, by the 15th I would expect (says he
hopefully) to be back here at home unless our weather is very warm and the
ice is thin hi.

Please keep me advised, I will be moving out of the Island QTH by about
November 15th and I need to make sure I have everything I will need ashore
by then or I just wont have access to it for the test period.

73 es good luck

Larry
VA3LK