LF: Re: Tiny coils

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Tiny coils
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:27:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Bob

I noticed in RF DESIGN a note on 'antenna coils' designed for RFID
applications at 125 kHz, and made of ferrite laminated on to a ceramic
base,
with values to 8.1 mH. They are very small, 12 x 4 x 3 mm, and may not be
of
use for our purpose, but the "125 kHz" sort of jumped out at me, and I
thought I would mention it. The company has a website at
www.coilcraft.com.

These will be fine for receive applications but are no use for transmitting
potential gradient across the coil is very high. LF transmitting coils have
to be physically large for that reason.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>