LF: SAQ transmission - fb copy in DL

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SAQ transmission - fb copy in DL
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:49:53 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello group,

Nice copy of the SAQ signal here in northwestern DL (loc JO42FD).
I received the signal clean and easily readable with a very small antenna
made of a bundle of ferrite rods, 400 turns of wire and a JFET as impedance
converter. The 17.2 kHz then fed to the soundcard of a PC, using SpecLab's
"software VLF radio" to convert the signal down to 650 Hz.

My colleagues at the QRL first looked a bit puzzled what funny sounds came
out of the speaker, and even more puzzled when I wrote down the greetings
message on a piece of paper.

I don't know what the field strength of SAQ was here (had no time to
calibrate the soundcard), but it was stronger than the noise radiated from
the PC monitor about 4 meters away from the ferrite antenna.

Thanks to the operators at SAQ for doing a great job.

73    Wolf    DL4YHF.