LF: General coverage Rx bands (Off Topic)

To: "LF Group \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: General coverage Rx bands (Off Topic)
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: 14 Sep 2001 11:28:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Off topic I know, but I crave your indulgence :-)

Looking at the specifications for the IC8500 Communications receiver, I
notice that for the US market the bands 824 - 849 and 867 - 894 are blocked
- obviously it is not allowed to listen to the mobile phone bands in the US
(Is there much analogue mobile-phone traffic there now ?)

BUT,  for the French market only, the band 87.5 - 108MHz is blocked.   That
is allocated internationally to VHF FM broadcasting so why ?

In this country many years ago, some emergency services used AM in the 100 -
108MHz Band.  Since, in practice, with the broadcast receivers around in
those days, the transmissions cound be received on just about any broadcast
receiver, the users soon moved, releasing the band up to 108 for local radio
broadcasting.

Andy

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.