LF: re DDS purity

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re DDS purity
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:21:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Andy thanks for the comment and resoring my faith. I was a little
confused after the discussion about using a PLL to 'clean a DDS up' earlier
this year and a coment from Dan Tayloe on the hoembrew newsgroup which I
past for interest.
DDSs are kind of dirty as they are really designed for transmitters
(certainly clean enough for that) or for cellular phone reception for
signals of with limited dynamic range (such as a cellular basestation
using power control of all the phones in its area).

He is talking about what is virtually a DC receiver, using a DDS as the LO.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]