LF: another big flare possible

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: another big flare possible
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:05:14 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, NOAA SEC predict the "fair chance" of an isolated major flare in the
next three days. If this occurs in daytime over Europe that could mean up to
or over 10dB enhancement to most daytime paths, but only for the period the
flare is active. If you have unmetered access you could watch the real-time
graph from the NOAA site
www.sec.noaa.gov/today.html
gives the general solar forecast
www.sec.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_1m.html
this gives the 1 minute updated real-time plot URL
...I think you can arrange it to alarm on the computer speaker as well.
Otherwise I suppose you could listen for 80m skywave disappearing in the
blackout phase.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]