LF: SV: Re: SV: LF Receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SV: Re: SV: LF Receivers
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:59:14 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
John,

3579.545 kHz color burst crystal

You are right! Thanks for the tip.

I don't know if it is "easily pullable" though... I remember trying a "32 pF
parallel 3579 rock" in series resonant mode but I did not get lower than
about 3579.3 kHz. The oscillator was a two transistor thing with the xtal
connected between the emitters (xtal sees low Z = preserve the Q).

Perhaps it will work with some additional inductance in series with the
xtal but the Q will suffer I guess...

Maybe a *very* low quality xtal will do the trick (lower equivalent L/C = lower
Q)?

Do you have any circuit suggestion for a suitable "rock bender"?

73
Johan SM6LKM