RE: LF: Radiated power at PA0SE

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Radiated power at PA0SE
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: 14 Aug 2001 16:11:22 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
 I found a FS of 370 microvolt/metre. From this follows an impressive
radiated
power (EIRP) of 52 milliwatt. I guess). what program did you use ?

You don't need a programme, just work from basic theory ......

From Ohms law  E^2 / Zo  (of free space = 377 ohms)   =   Watts / m^2

At a distance R from an omnidirectional radiator (the definition of EIRP),
all the transmitted power is spread out over a sphere of surface area 4 * PI * R^2, which is equal to your measured power density in W/m^2

So EIRP of Tx   =    (Watts / m^2) * 4.PI.R^2   =  E^2 / 4 * PI * R^2
where E isthe  measured field strength in Volts / metre
Then if you really want it in terms of dipole ERP, just subtract the magic
figure of 2.14dB ( or divide by 1.64) , ie. the gain of a dipole.

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.