Re: LF: Voyez le Brick

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Voyez le Brick
From: "Hans-Joachim" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:50:42 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all,

concerning the german contribution of Alberto I must confess that I have never heard it before (in spite of regarding it quite amusing).

I can only remember the german phrase:

Kaufen Sie jede Woche vier gute und bequeme Pelze xy.

(buy every week four good and comfortable furs) X and Y had to be added separately because these letters are not typical for german words (and may have been the reason to create the phrase Alberto had contributed, employing Xylophone for using X and Y).

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

Alberto di Bene schrieb:
Costas Krallis SV1XV wrote:

> [...]
> I think it goes like:
>
>  "VOYEZ LE BRICK JEUNE QUE J'EXAMINE PRES DU LONG WARF"

That sentence is missing the letters 'T' and 'H' ....
I think that the correct one is :

 "Voyez le brick geant que j'examine pres du wharf."

In German it should be :

Falsches Ueben von Xylophonmusik quaelt jeden groesseren Zwerg.

73  Alberto  I2PHD