Re: LF: Strange signal from DCF42?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Strange signal from DCF42?
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:55:26 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John,

thought I would look at the new frequency for SXV reported by Costas, and found it overwhelmed by a very strong and wide signal at 123.69 kHz, which
is
the frequency used by DCF42. However the modulation appears to be quite different from what I have heard before.

yes, it certainly looks like what I am seeing, it doesnt seem to have changed here. The line of symmetry in your pic is the center of the 2.4 kHz wide DGPS spectrum. Not sure about the actual modulation parameters, but it looks like 2379 baud PSK, given the frequency offset of the pilot at 122.500 kHz.

There is a 100 Hz shift RTTY stn at 129.8 kHz, could that possibly be SXV?

73 Markus