LF: TS-570

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: TS-570
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:47:59 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings All:

I see some references to the TS-570 and I have owned two of them and use one
almost everyday at my remote HF station.  My experience is that this radio
is dead at LF as it comes out of the box.

The receiver has problems with overload on HF but if you crank down the RF
and up the AF it works great and is one of the better QSK CW radios from the
yacomwood stable that I have seen so far.  The good news is that the audio
output is clean and doesn't have any bleed through issues such as the TT
Pegasus does.

There is only one button that has to be operated from the front panel, the
Power ON/OFF switch has to be pushed manually once and then you can do
anything from the RS-232 connection that you can do from the front panel
with the knobs and buttons. I really enjoy tunneling down on a signal with a
single keyboard button, four steps from 1 KHz wide to 50 Hz wide, really
great.

Larry
VA3LK