LF: UK TV Interference on 136

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: UK TV Interference on 136
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:22:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All, this is mainly of interest to UK amateurs. Everyone quoted the EMC
regulations when we talk about interference.....BUT if you look at your TV
licence , on the reverse side at the lower LHS is says " You must not cause
any interference to any other radio or television reception with your
television receiving apparatur. "

Thus all these radiating TVs are causing their owner to break their TV
licence conditions!!

Note it does not say "UNDUE interference" as it used to on licences in the
1960s, nor does it mention BROADCAST repception.  I think that recourse
should be made to the dealers in these cases and not to the RA or the
conditions will be rapidly removed to take away the loophole.

This would also be valid in Bob's case, Steve, as even if running a
nonterestrial system you must have a licence. I suggest Bob could employ
this against NTL.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]