Re: LF: SAQ reception / Electro-mechanical receiver for SAQ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SAQ reception / Electro-mechanical receiver for SAQ
From: "BOB RIESE" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:57:57 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>

I was also able to successfully receive SAQ with a homebrew electro-mechanical receiver. As far as I know, the Alexanderson alternator at SAQ is currently the only operating radio station with an electro-mechanical transmitter that does not rely on valves or semiconductors. For some time I thought it would be fun to make a VLF receiver based on similar principles, also without any valves or semiconductors, to receive the SAQ broadcasts. At first, I thought this would involve some difficult mechanical engineering, but somewhat suprisingly I was eventually able to make such a receiver using parts from the junk box.

outstanding Jim  !!!

this only goes to show that LF can be a tinkerers play ground

Bob  K3DJC