LF: RE: Re: More on lightning

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: More on lightning
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: 3 Jul 2001 09:03:51 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

(most UK citizens dont know how
big a metre is anyway).
I certainly don't think that is true.  Metric has been taught in schools
since at least 1969 (was in primary school when it became compulsory) and
there are now two generations who should know the metric system only.  It is
a great pity that we didn't stop those stupid imperial units from being used
in shops at the time - but the authorities got cold feet and wimped out at
the last minute.  At least all scientific institutions adopted SI as quickly
as possible.

I personally haven't got the slighest idea what people mean when they say so
many feet - a quick mental calculation multiplying by 0.3 is usually good
enough.  And as for a pound - what is that ?  At least Farenheit
temperatures have died out.

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.