LF: re 9kHz NOVs

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re 9kHz NOVs
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:40:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Andy, if you think it might help the cause.....where did you apply to??
and I will prepare an application as well. You wont be able to do real
experimentation unless there are a spread of operational stations for
reports etc.

As to 1.4H coils try measuring the inductance of some old audio
transformers, and mod transformers, maybe the odd C-core power transformer.
I think you might find them in the right kind of range, though you may need
an air gap (??) I have a torroidal line transormer (100v line..... I think
its called) from an old slave audio amp that looks about right, and is
certainly good to about 40kHz. Insulation could be another problem though !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]