Re: LF: Re: ZL-VE ERP?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: ZL-VE ERP?
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:57:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The ZL6QH erp was approximately 1 watt when VE7SL received us around his
sunrise on 30 June.  The ZL6QH long wire antenna has been optimised for 160 and
80 metre contesting, and is a compromise for LF transmission.

Bob,

Thanks. This has just missed the deadline for this week's GB2RS bulletin, but I will do a write-up for next week. It looks like this was a really good achievement. My gut feeling is that skywave at 185kHz would be better than at 136kHz, but I couldn't quantify it or even explain the mechanisms involved. Has anyone any thoughts on how these results might tell us something about practical ranges at 136kHz?

Congratulations, again, to those concerned. Presumably, the next aim is to get a whole callsign through, but it gets my vote already if what was received was unambiguously ZL6QH.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net