LF: Case for a 500kHz Amateur Allocation

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Case for a 500kHz Amateur Allocation
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:35:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At LF Forum events at the annual RSGB HF Convention and more recently at the
Friedrichshafen Hamfest 2001 a number of amateurs expressed interest in a
500kHz allocation. I am thus fairly convinced that there is interest in such
an allocation.  As a member of the RSGB HF Committee I have recently been
asked to see if I could put a case together for requesting such an
allocation.  This e-mail is to ask for confirmation that amateurs would be
interested in experimenting on both technical and operating matter at
500kHz.

I would be grateful therefore for UK amateurs and SWLs to send me a brief
e-mail stating your interest, together with agreement that I can pass your
callsign/SWL number forward as part of a possible submission.

Please send the response directly to me at [email protected] and not the
reflector.

Please do not set your expectations too high - this is very speculative!

73 and regards
John Gould
G3WKL