LF: Re: G3YXM 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G3YXM 73kHz
From: "G3YXM" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:07:09 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike

Very pleased to work Dave cross band 73/136kHz this morning. His signal
peaking 5.7.9.manual cw.

My report to you was a bit mean... I later found that the (controlled
rectifier) PSU for the TX was causing noise on 136 which made the
sig-to-noise on your signal worse than it should have been. I normally don't
hear it because the level of band noise on 136 is usually louder, but not
with the aerial tuned to 73k!

Great to have a couple of X-band QSOs and apologies to anyone else who
called me that I didn't hear... lots of local QRM.
Thanks also to John G3CCH for the report, I'm glad you heard my beacon, it
was running at 2A aerial current whereas the QSOs were had at 3A, ie 3dB
louder.

I hope they take the whole allocated time until 30th to complete the Rugby
maintenance!

73. Dave G3YXM.