Re: LF: Commercial TX - Ropex Info

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Commercial TX - Ropex Info
From: "Andre Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 07:51:57 -0400
Cc: "lf-amrad" <[email protected]>, "AMRAD Tacos" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF Gang,
Since my original review of "The First" Ropex transmitter has been
quoted on this reflector, let me add a few comments:

a) our unit actually produces 170 watts rather than the 130 watts
advertised,
b) our unit has been used 24/7 for the past two years as a beacon, (now
QRSS) and has never failed,
c) its output circuit protection scheme works flawlessly,
d) the output waveform is excellent,
e) my negative comments (about crystal changing, etc.) still apply when
it comes to trying to change the Ropex' operating frequency. As a beacon
though, on a fixed frequency, it is perfect and has been a very good
investment.
73
Andre' N4ICK

James Moritz wrote:

Dear Martin, LF Group,

Nevada have the Ropex "The First" TX listed for £189. N4ICK did a
brief review of it that you can see on the AMRAD web pages at:

http://www.amrad.org/projects/lf/FirstRvw.html

Quite a few of these seem to be in use, especially on the
continent; the main problem seems to be the fixed frequency - I
believe some people have modified them for VFO operation.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU