LF: Source for Litz wire at the Ham Radio ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Source for Litz wire at the Ham Radio ?
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:49:54 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,

for an active or passive RX loop antenna (G3LDO design or similar) I am
looking for the "Litz" wire mentioned several times on this reflector.
As far as I understood, it contains a number of thin copper wires
electrically insulated against each other to reduce the skin effect.
(BTW in DL, when you order "Litze" you just get flexible wire for
installation purposes. An other kind called "HF Litze" is very expensive,
very thin and sold in lenghts of a few meters only).

Has anyone ever compared the Q factor of a loop antenna built with Litz wire
to one with simple stranded wire ?

Any possibility to get the "good Litz" at the Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen ?

73, Wolf  DL4YHF.