LF: antenna modeling of loops? Why not at 136 Khz

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: antenna modeling of loops? Why not at 136 Khz
From: "Paul A. Cianciolo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:38:03 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Folks,
I am still not convinced that I should not try the loop antenna first,
before the vertical.
Although most off the replies I have gotten have been to the contrary.

Here are my reasons:
Please take issue with  any that do not seem to be correct.

1) I have a pulley on my tower at 120' which gives a good location for the
apex of the loop.

2) The house and shack is 150 feet away from the tower which would allow me
to feed the antenna
at  approx the middle of the base so feed line would be minimal.

3) The perimeter of the loop (triangle shape ) would be approx 766'
more if I can get my accommodating neighbor to allow me access to her
property.

This is considerable bigger than most of the other loops I have read about
on 136 KHz..
So hopefully the efficiency would be  better.

I  have not yet experimented with different size wires or wire cages.

Also I am looking for anyone who look at my models with EZNEC 3,0 and see if
my results look
credible.  I could email  the files.

Thank you all for reading this

Here's hoping 136 Khz band arrives in the USA before winter!!!!!!

Paulc
W1VLF

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
Rescue Electronic Surplus http://www.rescueelectronics.com

1982 Vanagon Diesel  Turbo Diesel 1.9
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
First place in local tractor pulls  at 1750 LBS
With Stock E-20 Electric tractor
Air Rifle Target Shooting Enthusiast