LF: And a further correction

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: And a further correction
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:39:32 +1200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Further to the item I have recently sent,

I have since realised that the suggestion of observing two ammeters may not
show different peaking conditions, as the reactive current in the stray
capacitance (current Q) may not vary much over the band of testing, whereas
the radiating current (current I) will rise sharply and have a resonant
"nose" (for any decent high Q antenna).  This observation of currents I and
I+Q are likely to show the same tracking across resonance.

Finding out the phase information of interest does need a dual trace
oscilloscope or a vector voltmeter.

73, Bob