Re: LF: harmonics / LF antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: harmonics / LF antenna
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:33:29
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Ric,

In my calculations I assumed a perfect (capacitance free) coil. I found out that my 4.5mH loading coil has a self resonance just above
700kHz, so upward from there the reactance will drop rapidly (and will
become capacitive).
So it is very likely that a LF antenna can radiate very efficient on
particular frequencies above 1MHz.
It might not be a bad idea to have the harmonic radiation checked by
another ham living 10-20km away.

73, Rik  ON7YD