LF: Re. T/A tests.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. T/A tests.
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:01:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
 Having been beaconing for several weeks I decided to look at my latest series of test with VE1ZJ from16/04 through to 12/05. in order to try to correlate reception reports of my  signals with Solar date from NOAA.There seemed to be a connection to sun spot no's ,but I could not find any other correlations.So I decided to extend my investigations to include other data,including that published by G3XDV. The period now extends from Sept. 2000 when the first  X band contact was made by G0MRF.
I have been unable to find any other correlation other than sun spot number ! The best signals/contacts are when the sun spot no. is low. Out of 26 events (contacts/reports etc) the 5 best ones were when the count was less than 100.For example G0MRF X band SP No.69. G3LDO one way SP No.38. G3LDO/VE1ZJ SP No.99. G3AQC/ZA3LK 95.  The remainder  occurred between 100 and 200, but there were none when the count exceeded 200. (highest No. 401 ) Of course the SP No. count also ties up with CMEs etc,  the effects of which extend for several days, so there can be occasions when the count is low but the after effects still active. However I shall concentrate in the future on those periods when the count is low.
73s Laurie.