Re: LF: SV: LF Round Table Report

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SV: LF Round Table Report
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:17:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Steve Rawlings wrote:

Christer SM6PXJ wrote:

> /... * Run a contest, or series of cumulative contests  .../
>
> /...raise these issues with the RSGB HF Contests Committee.../
>
> Please, don't.

I agree.  Please, don't.

But, as a Group, we could probably do more to publicise - and
support - the existing activity periods on Saturday and Sunday
mornings.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG

Why not? The most that a contest would last would be between 8 and
24 hours. Anyone with a personal dislike of contests does not have
to participate, and I am sure could usefully ocupy themselves elsewhere
for that relatively short time.

For others it provides a focused event to try the band out, listen,
get on for the first time, make some station improvement etc.

It is better to attempt the event once and see what happens, than
not to know. If it  goes wrong we get an idea of how to change the
rules. If no one turns up, we know not to do it again. If it is popular
we repeat the event.

73

Stewart G3YSX