LF: GBR wav file....zipped

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: GBR wav file....zipped
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:58:41 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, to anyone not able to to listen to the historic transmission ( i.e.
not a Salesman or a  professional idler like me) I have recorded the first
transmission period as an 8.85Mbyte file (using 8ksamples and 8 bits under
Creative Wave studio) This zips down to about 775kbytes so is not
unreasonable as an attachment. I will happily send this to anyone
interested......but I will complile a distribution list so I only have to
post it once.

Reception by AOR7030 using 300Hz filter on the centre frequency as there did
seem to be sidebands at about 370Hz here which gave the initial keying an
MCW sound. The signal was very strong here even with the 136kHz aerial not
retuned, I suppose thats not surprising when it was successfully heard in
Oz.

I am afraid that those who tuned in at 1345z missed most of the message as
it actually started at 1330z  (I suspect by the way it went straight to MSK
that it had a scheduled transmission slot to keep at 1345z)

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]